What Will Happen In Our Initial Mental Health Session?
During our initial therapy session we will take care of the completion of important documentation. This includes
- intake forms,
- therapy policies and procedures,
- the HIPAA Agreement,
- emergency contact information, and
- release of information, if and when needed.
Then we get to the most important part – your story – and what brought you to therapy.
Next we will together discuss your treatment plan. We will talk about things like therapeutic interventions, my counseling approach, and some form of homework assignment.
Did You Know
The homework assignment may take the form of, but is not limited to things like
- taking notes about certain feelings and behaviors while away from the therapy room,
- biblical interventions when applicable and
- cognitive and/or behavioral interventions
just to name a few. The most important part of the initial session is getting to know you and how I will help you get through this most difficult time in your life.